The socks area is placed on exposed ends of reinforcement bars and star pickets to provide protection. Also, they are supplied in different sizes depending on the engineer’s designs. Using the Reo socks onsite helps provide impalement protection and scratch resistance. Note that the Reo sock is not designed for high load vertical impact like someone falling from heights. To be effective in such circumstances, they have to be used together with N12 lacer bars.
Main Features of Reo Socks
- They are highly visible since they are yellow, just what is needed for suit bars from 12-20mm in diameter.
- They are reusable.
- Reo socks prevent impalement.
- They have Scratch guards.
- The socks are manufactured from robust, UV-stabilised Polypropylene.
- They are easy to install.